Friday 21 February 2014

Naughty... but Lovable

Have had a great work contract that I completed recently, explaining why the length between posts.
In the second half of last year I had a great consultation with Ann James, expert illustrator who was so encouraging and gave me many fantastic tips. The biggest change I'm going to be making from her suggestion is to rework my pigs to make them naughty but lovable. At the moment they are quite ugly characters, so I am looking at toddler body and facial shapes and young piglets. Everyone knows toddlers are naughty, but you can't help but love them. That is the type of look I'm going for. I've made a clay model of a head and some early drawings and look forward to developing these characters. Ann James loved my pigs houses and thought my sheep were endearing. I look forward to be able to post some pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment